Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Lips but Better (MLBB) lipsticks - pinks and nudes

My lips are very pale naturally and without lipstick or gloss, I can look quite sallow and tired. With the new season, I have been digging up my old stash of lipsticks and buying a couple more (because who doesn't need more lipsticks? :)). When I was browsing through them I realized I tend to buy the same tonal family of lipsticks - rosy/mauve pinks that can be categorized as My Lips But Better.
Here are some of my favs, mostly from the drugstore.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up ($6 US $8 CAD)
The Color Sensational Lipsticks come in several categories: Neutral, Pinks, Reds/brights.
Warm Me up is from the Neutral line (indicated by the brown lid) and is a perfect "warm" pink. It is quite opaque and lasts at least 3 - 4 hours on the lips. The shade looks more orange in the tube but on my lips it gives a nice rosy color. It does have a scent - something like artificial vanilla. It's not too overwhelming for me but those who are sensitive to smell may not like it.

L'oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Forever Frappe and Unending Kiss ($9 US $12 CAD)
This is a super matte long wearing lipstick range that I really enjoy. Typically the long wearing lipsticks are 2 part system, that tends to have a gloss that you need to wear throughout the day. This does not give that glossy look; however, the color pay off is great. It is tad drying on the lips compared to other lipsticks but not uncomfortable. The lipstick stays on for at least 4 - 5 hours. If applied with heavy hand, the lipstick can chip off the lips.

YSL Rouge Volupte in Shade #3 & #23 ($34 US $39CAD)
Rouge Volupte is a very luxurious, opulent line of lipsticks that a true makeup junkie would own at least one tube of. The case is a heavy embellished gold tube with the shade band in the middle of the tube. The lipstick itself is super creamy and buttery on the lips.
Because my lips are on the white side, the true nude shades in the range do not suit me (makes me look very pale and sickly). #3 is called Ultimate Beige and is a orange-y toned beige on my lips.
#23 is called Luscious Pink and is a good nude for my skin tone. It is a darker rosy color and brightens up my face nicely.
Due to its slippery texture, the color lasts only about a couple of hours and despite them feeling buttery, can be drying on the lips. 

Shiseido Perfect Rouge in BE740 ($25 US, $30 CAD)
This is also a beige-toned nude lipstick. The Lipstick is encased in a beautiful metal tube. The lipstick feels smooth on the lips and the color pay off is great. It lasts at least 3 hours on my lips. I tend to prefer rosy MLBB shades than beige shades so this has been in my makeup drawer for the last little while.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Fiend ($22US $26CAD)
UD has launched a new line of lipsticks and this shade is described as muted rose. This lipstick is amazing. The metallic tube is heavy and has a nice "click" of the lid. The lipstick is very opaque and the color clings to the lips for hours. This shade is probably the brightest of the ones mentioned here. It is not drying and does not flake or fade weird. I am looking to purchase more shades (muted tones: Naked 2, Rush, Rapture).

L to R: maybelline warm me up, L'oreal unending kiss, YSL #3, #23, Shiseido BE740, UD fiend 

 Top to bottom: UD, shiseido, YSL 23, 3, L'oreal, Maybelline 

Maybelline warm me up
L'oreal unending kiss
YSL shade 3
YSL shade 23
Shiseido BE740
Urban Decay fiend 

No comments:

Post a Comment