Sunday, September 8, 2013

L'Oréal Telescopic shocking extension mascara vs. Voluminous CarbonBlack mascara

I used to love the Voluminous mascara from L'Oréal for a long time. Lately in my run to Superstore I picked this one up along with the newest mascara from L'Oréal, Telescopic Shocking Extension. As usual both I picked up are waterproof formula.
The Voluminous mascara has a typical mascara brush. I think it's called Teddy bear brush.
What I like about this mascara is the ease of use. With a couple of coats you get volume and length. The carbon black color is definitely very dark.
The Voluminous mascara performs better after a few weeks after you open it. The formula is wet when it is first opened, and once the air hits it, the formula dries out a bit and helps to cling to the lashes better. This mascara can be built up without giving stiff lashes.
Here I used the mascara without using an eyelash curler. What I don't love is that the tips of the lashes have this weird bent look.
Voluminous mascara - with its Teddy Bear Brush



I have seen the Telescopic mascara for years but was not as interested because I am more interested voluminizing mascaras rather than lengthening. However since having watched a number of YouTubers raving about the mascara I had to give it a try. 
The brush is pretty slim plastic bristles with flat sides. The package does not  show how to use the brush. I sweep on the mascara with the flat side first and use the bristle to comb out the lashes. Even though it's meant to be a lengthening mascara, this gives decent length and volume. This mascara has a drier formula thus need to work quickly otherwise the lashes will clump.
Again, I used this without an eyelash curler and it gave me decent curl. After 2 - 3 coats, the lashes are longer, thicker and fluttery. Even my short lashed friends like this mascara as it definitely makes a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment