Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mascara review - Covergirl Lashblast original waterproof

I am a big fan of mascaras. As always I use waterproof ones to hold the curls in my lashes.
Typically I use the Maybelline Falsity original and Heroine make kiss me volume and curl (regular repeat buys).
Covergirl lash blast is a very popular drugstore mascara that gets good reviews online and on YouTube. I have purchased and uses this a couple of times and I have a love and hate relationship with it. Because the brush head is so big,  I find it a bit difficult to apply cleanly. The bristles are short synthetic ones.
The mascara itself is pretty wet initially and I like it after a few weeks after it has been opened.

How I apply this is to use the tip of the brush to coat the roots of my lashes first. Otherwise it can be clumpy. Then I coat carefully from roots up. Again it takes time otherwise I can the mascara on my eyelids.
Pro is that multiple coats can be applied without making the lashes look too spidery. Also it gives very good length and makes the lashes very black. After about 8 hours this does smudge a bit on my bottom lids.
I always use the cleansing oil to take it off as it is pretty tenacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment